3 Spencer Park, London SW18 2SX, UK
Drum Lessons | Theory Lessons
- Qualifications: Bmus in Popular Music Performance
- Pricing: £40 p/h
- Styles: Rock, Jazz, Pop, Funk, Soul, Hip-Hop
- Suitability: 4-4, Beginner-Intermediate
– I love to use practical hands on approach to teaching, where I look to develop real-world applicable drum skills. I think it’s important to focus on developing skills that will allow drummers to play with other musicians effectively.
– As well as this, I aim to provide drummers with a solid technical foundation, through developing effective and safe hand technique, as well as bringing in technical exercises to develop great technique around the drum set, such as rudimental practice.
– I also look to bring in grade books (if the student is interested) as I feel these provide a great backbone for out-of-lesson practice, as well as further developing key techniques.
My name is Jacob, I’m a 21 year old drummer currently based in London. I have recently completed a Bachelors of Music at the British and Irish Modern Music Institute.
I have a wealth of industry experience, including multiple session recordings for the BBC such as the radio 4 show ‘Desert Island Discs’, as well as touring experience with artists such as ‘Alfie Templeman’ playing shows including the o2 Brixton Academy and Reading Festival.
I love teaching and have plenty of experience teaching between the ages of 3-13, and would love to develop a core group of students who love to play and are ready to learn.
“Perfect! Engaging and reliable tutor who I would very much recommend.”
“Jacob is a confident and patient tutor and I am always appreciative of his professional but fun manner as one of his colleagues. We have worked together at a local performing arts school for the past two years, and he is well liked by all of his students and other colleagues. He is always well prepared and I'd recommend him to anyone who is looking for a fun and dedicated tutor!”